Trump Presidency and Russia

Moderator: Moderators

siteadmin
Site Admin

Trump Presidency and Russia

Post by siteadmin » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:35 pm

We all heard about the suspected "Trumpering" of the US Elections in the last 6months, but is any of it true?

Here some interesting points.

Trumps has a number of his family members in high seated positions in government. You may suggest this was the same case with JF Kennedy.

But we now see Ivanka Trump in an Administration role with-out pay working under her Father/President.
Ivanka's husband Jared Kushner as a Senior Advisor.
Melania Trump is of course First Lady and her job-title/role is not under dispute here, but she has shied away from this role deciding to live away from White House with her son while he finishes he's studies for the year.

Then there as been the CIA & FBI investigate for and against any involvement of Russian interference in the presidential elections, whether former spies in the Russian embassy in Washington DC or Ambassadors or other Russian dignitaries been involved.
There is also Trumps closest employee who one by one have dropped out the roles when any exposure of involvement with Russia appears in the press.

All appears suspicious but who do you trust the Media or the Trump administration who always claim Fake news as the sources of all of these allegations.

Even the word "fake news" is stamped into the World psyche when Trump started his pre/post presidency role.

So is there any truth to Russian involvement into the US Presidency and also what does it mean to America if there is actual fact that Russian involvement in the highest echelons in US Administration.

President Putin has a hand in US politics directly and we now have another puppet man handled like Blair/Bush saga purported to allure in the media before.

RandomAmerican
Moderators

Re: Trump Presidency and Russia

Post by RandomAmerican » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:03 pm

I don't think that Trump is a full on puppet but he is an authoritarian and it is concerning how much he likes Putin's authoritarianism.

siteadmin
Site Admin

Re: Trump Presidency and Russia

Post by siteadmin » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:20 pm

@RandomAmerican
I tend to agree with you *now* after re-reading this old post, the last sentence where I say "President Putin has a hand in US politics directly and we now have another puppet man handled like Blair/Bush saga purported to allure in the media before."
is based on public sentiment, news reports, social media feeds and other source outlets I had access at the time of writing this.

President Trump we can't even consider is been spoon feed/handled by any Russian influences apart from what he might read in the public domain or through his own administration.

So we can safely draw a line under Trump *NOT* been Putin's puppet for now, until proven otherwise.

We still don't know at all, even after the Muller enquiry and impeachment trial of President Trump, whether there was ever any Russian involvement/interference in the US elections.

I have not read recently on this topic or remember if Muller enquiry found any improprieties, so its all up in the air.

If you have anything to add to this been an American would be nice to hear.