Expats voting in EU elections in May 2019

Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark,Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg,Macedonia,Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City

Moderator: Moderators

siteadmin
Site Admin

Expats voting in EU elections in May 2019

Post by siteadmin » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:36 pm

There is an upcoming election for MEP's (Members of European Parliament) taking part across all 27member estates in May 2019.

For us British Expats living in those European estates, its all business as usual away from the mayhem that is Brexit.

If Britain chooses to trigger its only allowed 3-month extension before departure (regardless whether the finally achieve a deal or NOT) then we should see Britons still part of EU by end of June 2019.

So in meantime during the European Elections MEP's from across Europe will be chosen to represent each member estate sitting in Brussels.

For me, residing in Slovenia, the local government has already sent me a from to fill in and put into the Electoral role as a foreigner voting for Slovenian MEP's.
For me the closing deadline is set to 24 April 2019 to get the form posted back to the Ministry of Internal Affairs (Ministrstvo Za Notranje Zadeve) via post my eligibility to post for the MEP.

So many others will be receiving similar forms to fill in your respective countries of residence as Expats.